Tales From The Crypt Pinball Machine by Data East was released in 1993. Tales From The Crypt Pinball Machine is based on the TV series Tales From The Crypt.
- Start your game by grabbing the specially designed Tales from the Crypt door handle.
- Keep variety in the game play with three playfield flippers.
- Shoot your ball through one of the three spinners for fast paced action.
- Watch your ball traverse the gravity defying 360 degree horizontal and 180 degree vertical ramps.
- Feel the spirits of past players as the cabinet shakes.
- You won’t believe your eyes as the tombstone sinks deeper and deeper in the playfield.
- Flippers (3)
- Pop bumpers (3)
- Slingshots (2)
- Spinning targets (3)
- Vertical up kickers (2)
- Ramps (2)
- Scoops (2)
- 3-bank drop targets (1)
- Eyeball targets (6)
- Captive ball (1)
- 3- and 6-ball multiball modes
- Autoplunger shaped like doorhandle with head of crypt keeper
- Shaker motor
- Rising and lowering gravestone
- At the end of the credits, it says ‘IN LOVING MEMORY OF: WILLIAM GAINES.’
- William Gaines (aka Bill Gaines) was the publisher and co-editor of EC Comics, which published the “Tales from the Crypt” comic series along with its related comics “The Vault of Horror” and “The Haunt of Fear.”