Black Rose Pinball Machine by Bally was manufactured in 1992. Black Rose Pinball Machine is a Fantasy – Pirates themed game.
“The Game is Loaded!”
The basic goal of the game is to sink ships. A rotating cannon situated underneath the playfield is used to aim the ball at targets to award letters in the work “SINK SHIP.” During multiball you also get letters for shooting flashing ramps. Once SINK SHIP is spelled, you load the cannon to light the center shot (the “Broadside”) to get big points.
- Dot Matrix Display: This ultimate interactive display offers up three pirate video modes that will have landlubbers throwing knives, swinging from riggings and walking the plank!
- Davy Jones’ Locker: Making the explosive 3-bank torch, gun powder and cannonball targets and consecutive shots up the Locker Ramp opens Davy Jones’ Locker to load the cannon!
- Whirlpool Ramp: Spiraling through the Whirlpool Ramp advances the scoring level all the way to Extra Ball or Million!
- Cannon: Firing the cannon at the flashing jewels and treasure targets lights the letters in S-I-N-K S-H-I-P. When all are lit, a Broadside shot sinks the enemy ship for a whopping 10 million points that increase with every direct hit!
- Pirate’s Cove/Jackpot Ramp: Full speed ahead into a flashing Pirate’s Cove locks balls for 2 or 3-ball multi-ball play! Shoot the Jackpot Ramp to collect big points!
- Flippers (3)
- Pop bumpers (3)
- Ramps (3)
- 3-bank standup targets (3)
- 2- or 3-ball multiball
- Left ramp is a mechanically raised or lowered ramp. It is raised at certain times to load the ball cannon.
- Lower playfield has a below-the-playfield ball cannon (catapult-type). It oscillates when loaded, to be fired by player pressing the Fire button on lockdown bar.
- The Broadside VUK kicks the ball to the center habitrail above the playfield and sends it to the flippers.