Banzai Run Pinball Machine was manufactured by Williams in 1988. It is a Sports – Motorcycles/Motocross themed game. Banzai Run Pinball Machine is “The Pinball Machine With One Continuous Playfield on Two Different Planes!”
There’s a whole new direction for pinball…UP! One continuous playfield on two different planes is changing the way the world looks at pinball. BANZAI RUN isn’t just an ordinary pinball machine.
The magic is all in the flow. In the play of the ball from the horizontal playfield to a dramatic vertical playfield and back again. It’s total integration for a totally different attraction that will challenge players play after play after play…
And when Williams says HILL, you better believe it! A single shot, the ultimate cliff jump, literally flips the ball over the player’s head! How’s that for reaching new heights!
To reach the top, players must first challenge any one of the four riders – Yellow Belly, Green Machine, Red Hot, and Blue Beard, by completing the matching color targets on the horizontal playfield. Then it’s up, up and away for the heart-stopping, eye-popping vertical playfield excitement!
From the Super Cycle Stunt plunger shot, to the fast-paced laps around the ramp that increase the captive ball value, to the center eject hole that lights a kickback, to locking the ball on the upper field for the unbelievable thrill of multi-ball play, you’ve never seen anything like this before!
BANZAI RUN is a total package. Complete with dazzling sound and light effects, original music, sequencing of play and the cleanliness of engineering you’ve come to expect from the industry leaders…the wizards at Williams.
- The aim is to defeat the King of the Hill in a dare-devil motocross race to become #1.
- But first Challenge and Defeat 4 riders – Yellow Belly, Green Machine, Red Hot, and Blue Beard to challenge the King of the Hill
- It’s a sight to be seen and experienced when players must flip a pinball up over their heads to become “King of the Hill”
- The BANZAI RUN Ball Lifter takes players to new heights of vertical playfield excitement
- Proven play appeal begins right from the plunger with the Super Cycle Stunt Skill Shot
- Unique captive ball Freestyle Course gives players a competitive edge for success from either playfield
- When all riders in the race are defeated, players can test their skills with some exceptional multi=ball action
- The race is on with fast-paced laps that ramp up bonus scoring and possible extra ball play
- Mechanical Backbox Animation
- Flippers (3 horizontal, 3 vertical)
- Pop bumpers (3)
- Ramp (1)
- Kick-out hole (1)
- Spinning targets (2)
- Left outlane kickback
- Captive balls (1 horizontal, 2 vertical)
- Up-post (between bottom flippers on the vertical playfield)
- Ball kicker next to the left slingshot
- 2-ball Multiball
- A magnet on a moving vertical track lifts the ball in play to the vertical playfield in the backbox. when this ball drains between the bottom flippers of the vertical playfield, it returns to play in the lower horizontal playfield.