Disney’s Pirates of the Caribbean Pinball Machine by Stern was released in 2006. Disney’s Pirates of the Caribbean Pinball features exciting elements from the first movie, as well as the box office record-breaking, Disney’s Pirates of the Caribbean/Dead Man’s Chest.
For those fans of the movies, Disney’s Pirates of the Caribbean Pinball Machine by Stern adapts the characters and settings from the two Disney films perfectly into a pinball playfield. Two former Williams’ developers designed Disney’s Pirates of the Caribbean, game designer Dennis Nordman and rules designer/software engineer Dwight Sullivan.
- To go on a pirate adventure to defeat Davy Jones, Jack’s nemesis
- Capture up to 4 balls in the Spinning Disk!
- Fight the Pirate Ship…
- knock down the sails…
- sink the ship…
- and face the Kraken and Davy Jones!
- Open the Dead Man’s Chest…to begin HEART multi-ball!
- Mechanical pirate ship: Player strikes with the pinball. With each hit, the ship lowers its sails and eventually sinks into the playfield, thus revealing a shot into the Kraken’s mouth. In this area, the player can sink the ship, destroy the Kraken, and fight Davy Jones.
- Mechanical treasures chest (the Dead Man’s Chest): When the player has the KEY, the chest opens. They can then spell H-E-A-R-T to begin HEART multi-ball.
- Spinning rubber disk: Where player can capture up to three pinballs. The disk bounces them around in the contained area and holds them for an extended period of time till the player starts multi-ball. The disk sometimes represents Tortuga and other times Port Royal.
- Map compass: Comprised of playfield inserts that shows the player each feature they need to finish. Complete all eight features and play Four Winds Multi-ball.