FunHouse Pinball Machine was manufactured by Williams in 1990.
Step right up to FunHouse Pinball Machine and meet Rudy! A totally new technology dubbed Pin-Mation. It’s the beginning of a new era for pinball entertainment when Rudy awakens. An irresistible force, Rudy’s no dummy as he reacts to each player, laughing at blunders and offering a non-stop commentary on the action taking place around him. He talks, taunts, and heckles you, the player. He keeps a constant vigil on the game action by following the movement of the ball with his eyes. He beckons you to experience his fantastic amusement park world of Mystery Mirrors, Wind Tunnels, Crazy Steps, Super Dogs, and FunHouse Frenzy. As well as Super Frenzy, Trap Doors, Gangways, Hidden Hallways and Rudy’s own Hideout.
- Take control of the FunHouse from Rudy, the Dummy, by putting him to SLEEP.
- Put Rudy to SLEEP by advancing the Funhouse clock to MIDNIGHT.
- Shots that advance the clock are the Jet Bumpers, the Center Ramp, and the Wind Tunnel.
- Advance the clock and at the stroke of Midnight, Rudy closes his eyes and falls asleep.
- But it’s not a restful sleep with his snoring, open mouth.
- The starting points for 3-ball Multi-Ball play and the potential for Million Plus scoring.
First Dual Plungers!
- Right side plunger skill shot for increased scoring via Rudy’s Hideout
- Left side plunger that shoots the ball onto the Crazy Steps for possible Extra Ball, 500,000 points or Frenzied scoring opportunities!
Super Scoring Features!
- Collect all six Mystery Mirror values to earn 2 Million points and activate a sensational timed Super Frenzy scoring sequence where points can really add up.
- Super Dog Target Bank Timer Bonus where scoring begins at 200,000 points and continues to build in value.
- The Gangway Bonus provides fast-paced shots that can deliver up to 250,000 points and a possible Extra Ball.
- Rudy! The talking head of a ventriloquist dummy
- Located near the center of the playfield.
- Responds to events in the game
- Informs the player of special bonuses
- Taunts and heckles the player
- Appears to follow the ball with its eyes when certain targets are hit
- Voiced by Ed Boon
- The technology behind Rudy’s facial movements was dubbed “Pin-Mation” by Williams.