Back to the Future Pinball Machine by Data East
Back to the Future Pinball Machine by Data East was released in 1990. It was released a month after the third movie‘s release in theaters. The game features four songs from the three films. The Power of Love and Back in Time (by Huey Lewis and the News), Doubleback (by ZZ Top) and Alan Silvestri‘s orchestral theme. Michael J. Fox refused to permit his image to be used to adorn the back glass of the game, so the replacement image of his character Marty McFly wearing sunglasses on the game’s backglass and playfield was portrayed by Brad Faris, son of Data East pinball artwork designer Paul Faris. Joe Kaminkow, one of the pinball game designers, also appeared as Fox’s character on the advertising flyer and Gary Stern, former president of Data East Pinball and current CEO of Stern Pinball, was in Christopher Lloyd‘s role as Doc Brown in the flyer as well.
How To Go Back To The Future…You are Marty McFly
- Skill Shot: Plunge right ramp to set up left ramp skill shot for 100k, Extra Ball, Double Score and Take High Score.
- Multiball: DMC drop targets lite Back In Time locks for multiball action.
- Twin Jackpots: Complete DMC targets to lite Jackpots and shoot ramps for Twin Jackpots. Score all Twin Jackpots for 1 million point Paradox bonus.
- Extra Ball: Skyway and the Clock Tower lites Extra Ball, Back in Time 5 times in multiball scores Extra Ball.
- Clock Tower: Shoot the Clock Tower Eject and score the lit value. Completing all Seven Values lites the Clock Tower for 500k Century Bonus.
- De Lorean Millions: Left and Right Ramps spot a letter in DeLorean for unlimited millions fun on both ramps.
- McFly: Complete McFly to lite Biff’s Casino Value Spinner and collect the Casino Value again at the end of the game.
- Multiplier and Special: Hit the lit D-O-C target first for a quick multiplier or complete the Targets for additional multipliers. 6x lites Outlanes Special.
CLICK HERE for Frequently Asked Questions