Attack From Mars Pinball Machine by Bally is a 1995 game designed by Brian Eddy, and released by Midway (under the Bally label).
In this game, Martians began to invade the Earth, and it’s up to the player to destroy the Martian fleet, save all the major cities, and then head off to Mars to destroy the Martian empire and conquer Mars.
Among the game’s noted features include four dancing Martian figures and a strobe light (for Strobe Multiball).
Attack From Mars Pinball Machine by Bally is fun and entertaining to play, with its open playfield and easy to understand rules. It’s a straight forward game that’s fun for players of all skill levels.
Unique game rules allow multiple features to light simultaneously and in any order. Novice players are able to reach all the exciting game features. Expert players can attempt to Rule the Universe. Everyone will find the five different multi-ball sequences, ranging from 2 to 4 balls, thrilling to play.
The Attack is on…get it or get left behind.
- Super Jets: You have to score a certain amount of hits on the pop bumpers to light Super Jets (worth 3 million points per hit).
- 5-Way Combo: During regular gameplay, you have to make consecutive shots at any lit loops or ramps to score a combo, before the lights go out.
- Super Jackpot: During regular multiball, score all five jackpot shots with at least two balls in play to light the Super Jackpot, which continusly roves at any of the five jackpot shots.
- Martian Multiball: Successfully kill all four Martians during “Martian Attack”, and a second ball is launched into play for Martian Multiball.
- Total Annihilation: Clear the left and right loops, as well as the left and right ramps, for Total Annihilation Multiball, a four-ball multiball.
- Conquer Mars: Defend all the major cities, and then you head off to Mars to confront the Martian Empire.
When all six of these objectives are met, shoot the “Stroke of Luck” scoop to start Rule the Universe, a four-ball wizard mode. In this mode, everything is lit. The objective is to score 5 billion points with at least two balls in play. If you succeed, you will score an extra 5 billion points.
- Flippers (2)
- Pop bumpers (2)
- Drop targets (3)
- Kick-out holes (2)
- Captive ball (1)
- Rollunder spinner (1)
- Right outlane ball return gate
- Moving flying saucer in the middle of the playfield
- Strobe light (for Strobe Multiball)
- Four dancing Martian figures (for Martian Attack)